Understanding the effects of others

Hi I’m mature female diagnosed approx 18m ago still learning about myself. This week I have traveled abroad on my own for first time to visit family. Whilst waiting to check in stood in the queue I was asked to come forward by airport staff as people in front of me didn’t seem to respond once ahead of them I received an unpleasant comment from a fellow traveler to suggest I’d pushed in. I responded that they had not moved but they came back with further negative comments. I felt awful wanted to cry then extremely anxious boarding the plane in case I was sat near them. I felt terrible for the rest of the day. Later I had a sense of anger for their comments and the effect it had on me. How someone thoughtless negative comments had impacted on me and how I had allowed it to. I’m unable to resolve it. I’m aware now and can make sense of it but wow what a concoction of feelings !! 

• I've felt like this all my life. On and off.

As I got older I built up a store of common short sharp responses to other peoples rudeness, so it's not so bad nowadays.

Some days I give as good or better than I get.