I want to make friends online and IRL

I made a post almost a month ago about not having any friends. Since then, I have not made any friends in real life or online either.

I would like to now try and be more proactive in making friends but I find it very hard to navigate this community site plus I don’t receive notifications for some reason. Are there apps where I can make friends with other people with autism?

Also, is there any in-person or online groups events, activities or social skills clubs where I can meet adults with autism. I am 22 year old female and live in London when I am not at uni and I have asperger's syndrome or level 1 autism.

I would also like to add that I have no social media except WhatsApp and don’t know how to feel about using some social media apps. Thank you.

Jai

Parents
  • HI Jai,

Tell us about what sorts of interest you have, especially at uni, or near where you live. I lot of times having a common interest is a good starting place. Someone here may shsare your interests too. Lots of times there are events oriented towards our special interests?

• Hello,

Well I have a passion for helping others so I decided to pursue a career in nursing despite the difficulties I have been having with the communication side of things. 

I like listing to audio books, writing my own stories, drawing and collecting various glass art. 

I like animal crossing and dream light valley on the switch as my favourite games.

I am very quiet and not very talkative so I  think that’s the main reason why I have a hard time making friends.

Thanks for you message

• Just start sending people pms. I think that's what I'd advise.

You're welcome to pm me if you want. I'm in Scotland though, so the distance might be a problem, and I'd prefer real life friends that I can actually meet in person myself.

• Just start sending people pms. I think that's what I'd advise.

You're welcome to pm me if you want. I'm in Scotland though, so the distance might be a problem, and I'd prefer real life friends that I can actually meet in person myself.

Children
No Data