What aspects of daily life do you find most challenging?

Hi all,

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with autism 3 years ago as a 30 year old man and at that time I had a decent quality of life, a good job, a great social life and wonderful home life. However even with this life I ended up with quite severe depression which after a while resulted me in receiving the diagnosis of having autism. It’s obvious now that throughout my life I was continuously masking just to get through each day and to survive so to speak.

Now that I’m more aware about myself and allow myself to be truly me, I find it extremely difficult to be happy sometimes which may be the case for some of you also. I particularly find it difficult in gaining employment once again which is more suitable to my needs and also being social making friends who accept me for how I am and for who I am.

With this in mind I’m genuinely curious to see what is the biggest issue you find or struggle with as an autistic individual?

Thank you for taking to the time look at this and hoping your having a good day!

Parents
  • Anything new. Compounded by brain damage, which makes it very hard for me to learn new processes. That's a disability in itself.

I try to maintain routines to help myself. Taking a job has been very challenging and adjustments have been made, particularly around new processes. 

• Anything new. Compounded by brain damage, which makes it very hard for me to learn new processes. That's a disability in itself.

I try to maintain routines to help myself. Taking a job has been very challenging and adjustments have been made, particularly around new processes. 

Children
  • Despite your setbacks and challenges it sounds like you're doing amazing you should be proud of yourself and the things you've achieved. I really wish I could work but so far it hasn't been possible.