Alternative CV's for Creative Autistic People?

I've just applied for a job and put in a plain vanilla 11pt Arial perfectly formatted CV with NO HINT of Autism.  It rankles me to do this but I know it will be fed into some computer system and turned into data and contribute towards whether to  interview me, at which point I may mention it, but I am very tempted to do something different instead in future.

You would think that with all the amazing computer programs around it should be possible to make a really interesting graphical CV stuffed full of QR code links which reflect my skills and experience, but would I get into trouble?  I'm preparing to send CV's to two Autistic friendly agencies and I wonder if I should risk an all out assault CV full of colour and personality, what do people think?

Parents
  • I think if you are sending to a recruitment agency they probably just want something that makes their life easier, that they can easily input the data straight into their computer system. However there's nothing stopping you give it a go. You could even send both a few weeks apart and see which seems to produce the best results.

Sending a really interesting CV to a potential employer directly might be more worthwhile, mainly because it would make you more memorable among numerous applications. 

If they want a corporate clone and that's what you pretend to be when you are not then the employer is likely to end up disappointed. How are employers ever going to fully embrace neurodiversity if they expect you to mask on your CV.

• I think if you are sending to a recruitment agency they probably just want something that makes their life easier, that they can easily input the data straight into their computer system. However there's nothing stopping you give it a go. You could even send both a few weeks apart and see which seems to produce the best results.

Sending a really interesting CV to a potential employer directly might be more worthwhile, mainly because it would make you more memorable among numerous applications. 

If they want a corporate clone and that's what you pretend to be when you are not then the employer is likely to end up disappointed. How are employers ever going to fully embrace neurodiversity if they expect you to mask on your CV.

Children