Creating an online autistic community- not NAS based

Hi neurokin! I have just been thinking about how we could create another virtual autistic community that is not NAS based and therefore entirely autistic led.

I know there are many other autistic communities online for example on Reddit, Facebook and Twitter but I am not sure these types of communities allow for the depths of discussions we have here.

I would like to keep some of the topics we have in this community but also include others. These could be: Dedicated interests, Autistic Joy, Self care, Work and Employment and any others that you would be interested in.

Who would be interested in this?

Does anyone know how to start building an online community platform?

Thank you!

Parents
  • Who would be interested in this?

I'm firmly within the "better the devil you know" camp in ALL things.

Not a fan of change, unless I really have to.

Accordingly, it won't surprise you to hear that I'm a "stick" not "twist" type.

• Hi Number 

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm firmly within the "better the devil you know" camp in ALL things.

What do you mean by this?

Not a fan of change, unless I really have to.

I completely understand!

• Disambiguation = Whilst I know that there are many things that are less than ideal about this forum, I know what all those things are ie. I know all the bad bits = I know the devil of it.  When I have achieved that level of understanding of the bad bits, whilst I could then try something new that might have less bad bits, initially, i would not know what they were and therefore could get "caught" by new unexpected traps or downsides.

Therefore - I generally run by a mantra that says "Better the devil you know."

• When I have achieved that level of understanding of the bad bits, whilst I could then try something new that might have less bad bits, initially, i would not know what they were and therefore could get "caught" by new unexpected traps or downsides

Thanks for explaining, I understand now.

• When I have achieved that level of understanding of the bad bits, whilst I could then try something new that might have less bad bits, initially, i would not know what they were and therefore could get "caught" by new unexpected traps or downsides

Thanks for explaining, I understand now.

Children
No Data