Pets

I live on my own. 

I'm considering getting a pet. I know that it's a responsibility, but I crave connection. 

Have any of you found getting a pet helpful ?

Parents
  • Living alone can sometimes feel lonely, so I totally get why you're considering getting a pet. Having a companion like a lovely bird can bring so much joy and companionship into your life. Personally, I've found having a pet to be incredibly helpful in combating feelings of loneliness and providing a sense of connection. It's rewarding to have a furry or feathered friend to come home to and share moments with.
    I recently got myself a hamster and have been exploring articles on hamster care. If you're interested, you might find this link helpful: https://hamsternow.com. Having a pet can definitely be a wonderful experience, so I say go for it and enjoy the companionship

• Living alone can sometimes feel lonely, so I totally get why you're considering getting a pet. Having a companion like a lovely bird can bring so much joy and companionship into your life. Personally, I've found having a pet to be incredibly helpful in combating feelings of loneliness and providing a sense of connection. It's rewarding to have a furry or feathered friend to come home to and share moments with.
    I recently got myself a hamster and have been exploring articles on hamster care. If you're interested, you might find this link helpful: https://hamsternow.com. Having a pet can definitely be a wonderful experience, so I say go for it and enjoy the companionship

Children
  • I get really depressed if I don't have animals in my life, even if its a bird feeder stuck on a window, I had one when I was in halls at uni, the blue *** would come and knock on the window when it was empty.

Now I have two cats and a dog, my dog is like a social credential, when we're out we meet loads of people and we talk about dogs, it's easy conversation with fewer oportunities for awkwardness. My cats are great, I love it when they both cuddle up with me at night I feel like I've entered "the purr", it's all encompassing and relaxing and gives me an insight into their world.

I find that having a dog makes me get up and go out, I go places because of her, I love to see her happy and bouncing around the place, it's good for me physically and emotionally. I can walk off lots of aches, pains, have some deep time in my head thinking and I just feel better.