Information to help others understand our difficulties

One of my greatest difficulties at work is managing change. When there is a major change ahead I plan as much as I can and each day I tend to plan what order I will do things in. Some things I do in the same order every day.

This week I was thrown by a sudden one off change that was a change from the norm and I couldn't understand the reason for it. I ended up having a discussion with my team leader and getting quite emotional. To a NT I guess they would not understand the impact of a minor change with no warning, which affected my plan.

I was wondering if anyone could point to any useful information that might explain how this feels to an autistic person. I am not very good at explaining this myself.

Parents Reply
  • You are welcome! I hope these links help you explain your autistic needs to your employer.

So many things change now and I often get told I just have to get used to it.

Sorry this has happened to you, you should not just be expected to get used to it, especially if it negatively impacts you and your ability to work.

Your employer is legally obliged to understand your needs and provide prior notice for changes for example. 

Children
No Data