Where to go from here?

I am a 44 year old woman who has always had behaviours, sensory, and social difficulties which seem to match a diagnosis of ASD. I was given a diagnosis of anxiety depression as a teenager. After a long wait I have finally had a NHS remote ASD assessment with a locum psychologist the result of which was that I am "neurodivergent but do not meet the threshold for diagnosis", this appeared to be scored using a questionnaire on his computer (no idea if this is normal) and didn't ask about about stimming, just what I do when I'm exited (again, no idea if this is normal) and strangely the only sensory issue he seemed to care about was smells. I also had to remind him 3 times that my mother is dead! I got the impression that because I live alone and hold down a job he thought that I must be coping fine, despite the significant struggles I have had all my life. I am not sure what to do now or where I can go for help, all he could give me was self referral links for CBT. I have had CBT sessions before, the therapists always conclude that they are unable to help me because I already have so many coping strategies in place. I would appreciate any advice you can give to me on where I may be able to get further help, as I feel like I have just been sent back to the start in terms of NHS support and just don't know what I should do next, or if I should even do anything. Thank you.

Parents
  • Very little quality support, available, for Autistic Adults. Especially in the NHS. Healthcare is so politicised, everything's aimed at kids. Mums = Votes.

I learned to paddle my own canoe. Learning to keep my distance, from the White Noise of society, in order to survive.

• Very little quality support, available, for Autistic Adults. Especially in the NHS. Healthcare is so politicised, everything's aimed at kids. Mums = Votes.

I learned to paddle my own canoe. Learning to keep my distance, from the White Noise of society, in order to survive.

Children
No Data