Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale Test

Hi. Is there anyone who knows anything about the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale Test. I just wanted to maybe get a second opinion and more information on a subject.
In the past, i have been told by multiple people (Family members, Therapists and neurodivergent friends) that i have a lot of traits of both autism and adhd. After doing a lot of reseachl I am mostly sure i could have at least one of these.
An online therapist i talked to, recommended looking into the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale, which she said is a test designed to find any type of neurological or neurodivergent disorders. The test includes things like verbal comprehension, cognitive abilities, memory and concentration (Acording to my therapist).
I have looked into it and it seems very interesting but the information i found was a bit confusing. The online therapist is from another country so she can’t really help me with getting tested in uk.

I dont know if anyone have any information on this specifically, or if anyone has personal experience. But if anyone does i would like to ask a few questions about this if possible. Or if not, maybe any possible alternatives to getting diagnosed privately, anything you have on the subject could help.
The main questions i have are. Is it possible to do these test in the uk, and if possible, where? Would this count as an official diagnosis?
I dont know if that makes sense or if it is a stupid thing to ask, sorry for the long text.
Thank you for listening.

Parents
  • I was given the Wechsler test as part of my (private) autism assessment. It took around two hours and has to be administered by someone trained to do so (in my case a clinical psychologist). It does indeed give you different numbers for things like processing speed etc.

I don’t know if anywhere offers it stand alone (ie not as part of an overall assessment).

• That’s interesting, i wasn’t really sure how exactly it works. I was told it can be given as a full test to diagnose any disorders. Maybe I misunderstood or it can be different in other countries, idk. 
    Sorry if this is private information and I completely underif you dont want to answer. But would you mind telling me where you got a private diagnosis and if it was a reliable place that you would recommend (if you are in Uk)? Does the NHS recognise private assessments? 

Thank you for responding.

• I used Purple House Clinic in Glasgow, which I found on the NAS directory. They offer an extremely thorough assessment process and the psychologist who led it had a very impressive list of qualifications and also works for the NHS.

I’m not sure what it would mean for the NHS to recognise private assessments because they don’t offer any services or support for autistic adults anyway.

• Yeah, i kind of expected that. Its a bit disappointing. But i mostly want to get the diagnosis for myself so i can understand myself better and get an idea of what is happening so i know how to work on making my life easier.

I wish you good luck with everything.

• I’m glad I got the formal diagnosis but there really doesn’t seem to be any help at all after that. At least we can start making small changes to our lives to try to make things better.

• Thanks for telling me. Unfortunately i think it may be a bit too far for me, so i will have to look into some closer clinics.

Honestly, i knew that the support for autism, specially for adults, is pretty low. But I didn’t really expect them to have absolutely no help at all. I think that there may be some accommodations and benefits that you can apply to, but i dont think i even apply for that anyways.

• Thanks for telling me. Unfortunately i think it may be a bit too far for me, so i will have to look into some closer clinics.

Honestly, i knew that the support for autism, specially for adults, is pretty low. But I didn’t really expect them to have absolutely no help at all. I think that there may be some accommodations and benefits that you can apply to, but i dont think i even apply for that anyways.

Children