Overwhelm, fatigue and acceptance

Today i just cant get my act together. Between walking my dog i am getting back into bed. I wouldnt say that i feel tired, but fatigued and a sense of overwhelm. In the past i would battle with this, but now knowing that i am autistic, i accept it and see it as a time for the need to rest. It feels a little like giving in, but i then realise it as a necessity to keep myself feeling just ok. I used to work full time. My ability has reduced. Do you think this is common for those of us over 50? I pick and plan my activities carefully in a wsy that i can manage, it seems essential to managing my life x

Parents
  • This happens to me as well. I find myself feeling absolutely exhausted, sometimes after doing the smallest thing imaginable, like brushing my teeth or going to the little shop. As others have said I think it has a lot to do with how hard our brains are working to process everything that's going on. It's no small feat and it's bound to affect us.

It used to get me down being like this as I'm almost 19 but now I'm kinder to myself. I celebrate the little victories like doing the washing up and going outside. Sometimes you can only manage a few things or one thing, and that's absolutely fine, everything you do is a victory and something to be proud of yourself for doing whether it's big or small.

Take each day as it comes. X

• This happens to me as well. I find myself feeling absolutely exhausted, sometimes after doing the smallest thing imaginable, like brushing my teeth or going to the little shop. As others have said I think it has a lot to do with how hard our brains are working to process everything that's going on. It's no small feat and it's bound to affect us.

It used to get me down being like this as I'm almost 19 but now I'm kinder to myself. I celebrate the little victories like doing the washing up and going outside. Sometimes you can only manage a few things or one thing, and that's absolutely fine, everything you do is a victory and something to be proud of yourself for doing whether it's big or small.

Take each day as it comes. X

Children
No Data