Overwhelm, fatigue and acceptance

Today i just cant get my act together. Between walking my dog i am getting back into bed. I wouldnt say that i feel tired, but fatigued and a sense of overwhelm. In the past i would battle with this, but now knowing that i am autistic, i accept it and see it as a time for the need to rest. It feels a little like giving in, but i then realise it as a necessity to keep myself feeling just ok. I used to work full time. My ability has reduced. Do you think this is common for those of us over 50? I pick and plan my activities carefully in a wsy that i can manage, it seems essential to managing my life x

Parents
  • It's also common for some of us in our 20's Wink I think it's a common occurrence for most of us with autism... We have so much to deal with and process with little support out there. It's no wonder we're all exhausted. Most days I'm spending in bed at the moment, I have no energy and with the anxiety as well it's all taking its toll.

Keep your chin up. You're doing really well and you certainly ain't alone in being this way.

• It's also common for some of us in our 20's Wink I think it's a common occurrence for most of us with autism... We have so much to deal with and process with little support out there. It's no wonder we're all exhausted. Most days I'm spending in bed at the moment, I have no energy and with the anxiety as well it's all taking its toll.

Keep your chin up. You're doing really well and you certainly ain't alone in being this way.

Children
No Data