What’s everyone views on the bully xl ban?

Today the day the bully xl ban starts now. I am dead against the ban as I feel it’s not the dog it’s the owner. Also this won’t stop dog attacks and breeders are moving on to bigger dogs now. As a dog owner myself I love my baby I have a 12 year old Dalmatian called Lucy and I see myself as a responsible owner. I have also met some beautiful bully XLs and they were gentle giants the owners were genuine to. What everyone else’s thoughts on this do you agree with what I’m saying or do you agree with the ban? I won’t judge anyone opinion. 

Parents
  • Looking at pet dogs as a whole I sometimes wonder it might not be a good thing if we banned them all together a lot of them are horribly inbred and have all kinds of unpleasant medical conditions as a result.

they are yappy messy creatures that don’t respect personal space. Short of keeping them on the lead at all times there is no way to control them in a public space, not properly, not unless they've maybe had an absurd amount of training to voice commands, which almost none of them have.

I can see the argument for working dogs, sheep dogs, guide dogs et cetera. But pet dogs? do we really need them? If in order to get a license to own a dog you had to prove you were able to train a dog to the level where it would stay or come or be silent on voice command how many people would actually have dogs?

• Looking at pet dogs as a whole I sometimes wonder it might not be a good thing if we banned them all together a lot of them are horribly inbred and have all kinds of unpleasant medical conditions as a result.

they are yappy messy creatures that don’t respect personal space. Short of keeping them on the lead at all times there is no way to control them in a public space, not properly, not unless they've maybe had an absurd amount of training to voice commands, which almost none of them have.

I can see the argument for working dogs, sheep dogs, guide dogs et cetera. But pet dogs? do we really need them? If in order to get a license to own a dog you had to prove you were able to train a dog to the level where it would stay or come or be silent on voice command how many people would actually have dogs?

Children