What’s everyone views on the bully xl ban?

Today the day the bully xl ban starts now. I am dead against the ban as I feel it’s not the dog it’s the owner. Also this won’t stop dog attacks and breeders are moving on to bigger dogs now. As a dog owner myself I love my baby I have a 12 year old Dalmatian called Lucy and I see myself as a responsible owner. I have also met some beautiful bully XLs and they were gentle giants the owners were genuine to. What everyone else’s thoughts on this do you agree with what I’m saying or do you agree with the ban? I won’t judge anyone opinion. 

Parents
  • i think bulldogs pitbulls and staffies are the most harmless dog.

i dont understand why they ban them, but yet they allow violent yapping aggressive jack rustles and terriers and all of that to go on ok... what because they are small? and so we judge by appearance.... to me a jack rustle or a terrier is more dangerous and each one  you meet will charge you and try to bite you. i dont understand why this dog is bad but yet a pacifist smiling harmless type of dog gets banned just because it looks intimidating.

• Sorry but I think that’s a bit of an exaggeration.

While all dogs can be potentially dangerous, the small breeds are not going to carry such a threat. Of course there’s always the exception.

The larger breeds can be life threatening to both other animals and people and it’s right that, that, needs to be considered if these dogs are out in public spaces, either off or on a lead.

As so many others have said, it’s generally the owner and unfortunately it’s the dog that takes the flack.

• Sorry but I think that’s a bit of an exaggeration.

While all dogs can be potentially dangerous, the small breeds are not going to carry such a threat. Of course there’s always the exception.

The larger breeds can be life threatening to both other animals and people and it’s right that, that, needs to be considered if these dogs are out in public spaces, either off or on a lead.

As so many others have said, it’s generally the owner and unfortunately it’s the dog that takes the flack.

Children
  • thats the thing, you think they are no threat because they are small and not as muscular? 
    but yet they are fast and always more aggressive and always charge at you to bite your ankles.... while a staffy or a bulldog is calm and chill and wont really attack you unless you really did something to provoke that.

a bite from a small dog is just as dangerous as a bit from a big muscular dog.... in the end its not really the bite but rather all the germs on the teeth which then cause a infection and can cause potential loss of limbs or even blood poisoning or other disease.

even a cats bite is deadly... i know a person who got bit on the thumb by a cat, it got infected and his hand swollen up and he was in the most pain of his life.