What’s everyone views on the bully xl ban?

Today the day the bully xl ban starts now. I am dead against the ban as I feel it’s not the dog it’s the owner. Also this won’t stop dog attacks and breeders are moving on to bigger dogs now. As a dog owner myself I love my baby I have a 12 year old Dalmatian called Lucy and I see myself as a responsible owner. I have also met some beautiful bully XLs and they were gentle giants the owners were genuine to. What everyone else’s thoughts on this do you agree with what I’m saying or do you agree with the ban? I won’t judge anyone opinion. 

Parents
  • While you’re right it is often the owners and unfortunately that means it’s the dog that takes the blame.

I do think they should be banned as they are a potential danger to other dogs and people, and I wouldn’t want to take a chance on owners taking responsibility.

The Japanese Akita and Tosa are other dogs that are becoming popular and they are potentially equally dangerous! My dog was attacked by an Akita, even though the owner said his dog was a big ‘softie’ yeah right!

You have to ask, why anyone would get any dog that has to be kept on a lead, which will probably explain the type of people who normally want such dogs!

• Hi 

I have worked in a property whose owner had an XL. I’m ok with dogs but when the owner told me they would lock it away from me I was nervous. This dog was a rescue and was a guard dog at a lorry park. The owners also had a toddler running around and this played on my mind terribly, it just looked like a recipe for disaster to me. I’m not sure what the answer is with this sort of dog tbh, on one hand I agree it’s the owner but on the other I think it’s the dog’s capabilities and how much damage they can do that brings the government to that decision. 

• Hi 

I have worked in a property whose owner had an XL. I’m ok with dogs but when the owner told me they would lock it away from me I was nervous. This dog was a rescue and was a guard dog at a lorry park. The owners also had a toddler running around and this played on my mind terribly, it just looked like a recipe for disaster to me. I’m not sure what the answer is with this sort of dog tbh, on one hand I agree it’s the owner but on the other I think it’s the dog’s capabilities and how much damage they can do that brings the government to that decision. 

Children
No Data