Can't remember characters names

I just finished watching The Office US on Netflix and I can't remember any of the characters names. This always happens to me whether I've watched a movie or TV series, even books. Characters names never sink in and it makes me feel like what's the point in even bothering.

Parents
  • I struggle to recognise people (bad for walking past people I know when they are out of their usual context!), so rely on TV and film casting to select actors who look very different to each other, but also do not change hair cut or clothing style half way through. Unfortunately, they are not always that considerate! Big fan of small casts as a result. I had previously thought that the BBC were just being cheap when keeping the number of suspects to only 3-4 people in each episode of Death In Paradise, but now wondering whether they have designed the series to help us out.

Not sure whether it is related, but I completely forget doing things at work. I had an example before Christmas where I was looking at my ‘to do’ list, and there was something that had come in a couple of weeks earlier that I could not recall receiving at all. I started checking my emails to see what it was about, and it turned out that I had already done the work, which must have taken me half a day! Maybe not being able to remember work is a good thing. As with others, an ever-present issue rather than something that has worsened significantly over time.

I know what you mean about wondering what the point is if you cannot remember things. I have been feeling the same way, which has led me to doing fewer things, something that is harmful to me. Before the pandemic I was reading a lot of non-fiction on the train when commuting, but I would often not even remember what the books were about never mind the detail of the content! I am trying to enjoy the moment more now, rather than being constantly frustrated with myself when I cannot remember it, which is easier said than done.

• I struggle to recognise people (bad for walking past people I know when they are out of their usual context!), so rely on TV and film casting to select actors who look very different to each other, but also do not change hair cut or clothing style half way through. Unfortunately, they are not always that considerate! Big fan of small casts as a result. I had previously thought that the BBC were just being cheap when keeping the number of suspects to only 3-4 people in each episode of Death In Paradise, but now wondering whether they have designed the series to help us out.

Not sure whether it is related, but I completely forget doing things at work. I had an example before Christmas where I was looking at my ‘to do’ list, and there was something that had come in a couple of weeks earlier that I could not recall receiving at all. I started checking my emails to see what it was about, and it turned out that I had already done the work, which must have taken me half a day! Maybe not being able to remember work is a good thing. As with others, an ever-present issue rather than something that has worsened significantly over time.

I know what you mean about wondering what the point is if you cannot remember things. I have been feeling the same way, which has led me to doing fewer things, something that is harmful to me. Before the pandemic I was reading a lot of non-fiction on the train when commuting, but I would often not even remember what the books were about never mind the detail of the content! I am trying to enjoy the moment more now, rather than being constantly frustrated with myself when I cannot remember it, which is easier said than done.

Children
No Data