Can't remember characters names

I just finished watching The Office US on Netflix and I can't remember any of the characters names. This always happens to me whether I've watched a movie or TV series, even books. Characters names never sink in and it makes me feel like what's the point in even bothering.

Parents
  • This sounds like it could be ADHD. I have this and 100% what I watch and read I'll remember the story and what happens and be able to picture it easily but character names never sink in. This is what led to me getting an ADHD diagnosis. I've always been like this since I was a little girl, could never remember a single character name, but I could describe their appearance no problem.

If you enjoy the film and book then definitely it's worth it. If you want to know who characters are you could try IMDB, it always displays the characters names, you can check it when watching a film it might make it easier for you possibly? Blush

• This sounds like it could be ADHD. I have this and 100% what I watch and read I'll remember the story and what happens and be able to picture it easily but character names never sink in. This is what led to me getting an ADHD diagnosis. I've always been like this since I was a little girl, could never remember a single character name, but I could describe their appearance no problem.

If you enjoy the film and book then definitely it's worth it. If you want to know who characters are you could try IMDB, it always displays the characters names, you can check it when watching a film it might make it easier for you possibly? Blush

Children
  • I don't know much about adhd. But I don't recall anyones names unless it is repeated to me endlessly. I never recognise faces or actors so I have great problems following stories in anything acted. I have to rely on others keeping me up to date on who is who and what is going on. Is that really adhd? Certainly a memory problem. I was seen by an Educational Psychologist years ago and he just went on about early onset dementia - but I told him it wasn't that as I have always had the very same problem with no change.