Learning to drive

Hello. I'm learning to drive but I have autism and anxiety and am struggling, more so wish the theory test than the driving itself though 2 hour long tests so exhaust me and make me anxious. The theory test is very hard. I don't really understand the hazard perception side of it, but I've passed the practical quite a few times which I'm pleased about.

My Dad and Mum say I'm a good driver and if I keep trying I'll pass but I'm not so sure. A part of me wants to give this up now but I really do want to get my licence because I love driving and I love cars, especially the classic cars. I've bought myself a Ford Capri 2.0 S which I'm very excited to drive but I need the license first.

I've got myself a bit anxious thinking about it now and had a meltdown this afternoon. I so desperately want to get through my driving test but I feel like I've hit a brick wall which I can't get past.

If you have any advice that you think might help please feel free to share it. I'll be eternally grateful.

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi again Rach. I just replied to your new years eve thread. 

Thanks for the tips and suggestions. I think I do need to ask my instructor for help, he has said I can ask him about everything I just get anxious, but I really need to try and stop letting the anxiety rule over me like that. I've been watching YouTube videos on it as well and I'm hoping that's going to be of some help too.