Social housing - discrimination?

My husband and daughter are diagnosed with autism, ADHD and sensory sensitivities. We were told by our autism support worker that our living condition is the biggest obstacle of my husband's recovery from his severe autistic burnout. Even though we proved the medical need for a suitable type of accommodation we are not allowed to go on priority band because we apparently have not proved that we have physical needs. 

• Band 2 is for:
  1.  applicants who are living in a property that has become unsuitable due to medical needs or illness where the home cannot be adapted to meet the needs of the customer. - They already approved that we need a bigger house (+one bedroom) 
  2.  applicants who experience overcrowding

At this point we are facing at least 2 years of waiting on Band 3. I raised my concerns about his suicidal ideations etc but that does not count as physical need.   I have no idea where to turn to. I have a feeling that the council's reasoning is discriminative against invisible disabilities but I don't know how to prove it. I also don't know if starting a complaints procedure would help as it could take ages and my husband can't cope for much longer. Does anybody have any experience in such matter? Thenk you.  

Parents Reply Children
No Data