Private diagnosis for ASD

Hello, interested to hear from anyone who has opted for the private route for ASD diagnosis and whether or not you felt it was worth spending that amount of money versus the long NHS waiting list?  I'm looking at The Edinburgh Practice website whose current fees are £1750.

Warm wishes
Carole

Parents
  • Hello Carol,

I went privately after decades of problems, NHS misdiagnoses, anxiety, several addictions to prescribed meds (and subsequent withdrawals)  and the general ongoing social catastrophy of my childhood, adulthood and rapidly approaching old age. 

Since diagnosis, I have spent three years getting to know and understand myself better by reading the right books, meeting people here on the forum, and generally seeing life through my newly informed eyes.

I'm very happy that I went private, but oh how I wish I'd done it a few decades earlier.

Ben

• Hello Carol,

I went privately after decades of problems, NHS misdiagnoses, anxiety, several addictions to prescribed meds (and subsequent withdrawals)  and the general ongoing social catastrophy of my childhood, adulthood and rapidly approaching old age. 

Since diagnosis, I have spent three years getting to know and understand myself better by reading the right books, meeting people here on the forum, and generally seeing life through my newly informed eyes.

I'm very happy that I went private, but oh how I wish I'd done it a few decades earlier.

Ben

Children
No Data