Private diagnosis for ASD

Hello, interested to hear from anyone who has opted for the private route for ASD diagnosis and whether or not you felt it was worth spending that amount of money versus the long NHS waiting list?  I'm looking at The Edinburgh Practice website whose current fees are £1750.

Warm wishes
Carole

Parents
  • Hi Carole. I used the Purple House Clinic in Glasgow, which I discovered on the NAS directory and which was geographically convenient for me.

They did an initial 2 hour interview with me for a cost of £250, the idea being there would be no further charge if they didn’t think I was likely to be autistic. That was around a month after my initial contact with them.

I then had a series of appointments with them over the following 4 weeks and got my results about 2-3 weeks after that.

They told me in advance who would be doing the assessment so I checked them out and their qualifications were extensive and impressive, and they also work for the NHS, so I was satisfied they knew what they were doing.

The assessment itself was extremely thorough - more so than many assessments I’ve read about on here.

The total cost, including the initial interview, was £2100 though. Worth it for me, but still expensive for most people.

• Hi Carole. I used the Purple House Clinic in Glasgow, which I discovered on the NAS directory and which was geographically convenient for me.

They did an initial 2 hour interview with me for a cost of £250, the idea being there would be no further charge if they didn’t think I was likely to be autistic. That was around a month after my initial contact with them.

I then had a series of appointments with them over the following 4 weeks and got my results about 2-3 weeks after that.

They told me in advance who would be doing the assessment so I checked them out and their qualifications were extensive and impressive, and they also work for the NHS, so I was satisfied they knew what they were doing.

The assessment itself was extremely thorough - more so than many assessments I’ve read about on here.

The total cost, including the initial interview, was £2100 though. Worth it for me, but still expensive for most people.

Children
No Data