Really anxious about giving my boyfriend his Christmas present

Hi my name is Rachel and both me and my boyfriend are on the spectrum. Yesterday he spent Christmas with me and my dad and i have bought him a dragon figurine that lights up. He loves his dargons. I did not give it to him yesterday as I just want it to be the 2 of us. I am extremely anxious about giving him his present I’m really not use to doing this and I’m terrified I’m going to overwhelm him. How can I overcome this? 

• Minimalism works for me when I have to do something socially hard that involves gifting objects. doing it as simply and quietly as possible. sometimes I don't even wrap it. hope this helps although it may be too late..

• Well to be fair it is Christmas and the exchange of presents is expected so I would try to plan when you will be alone together and tell him as soon as you know when it will be "are you OK if we exchange our presents with each other then?"

He will know to expect it so it will reduce the chance of overwhelming him, plus with it just being you two then the extra stimulation will be reduced (complared to being around others).