Noise from the wind

It's so windy, I don't like it. I get anxious in the run up to bad weather especially wind and then I can't settle. The noise is so loud, it makes me very anxious. I've always had noise issues, I used to scream and cry when if there was thunder. If a plane flew over our house, even high, and I was playing in the garden I would run inside crying. This issue with the noise from the wind has got worse, any advice other than earplugs

Parents
  • I'm not keen on the sound of wind either, especially when it's rather blustery. There are several tall trees within close proximity of my home and when there are gale-force winds strong enough to cause structural damage, I often worry that those trees will come crashing down upon my house. The thing is, if it happens, it happens, so there's not much I can do about it.

The sound of thunder is something I have never liked, especially when it is dark outside and accompanied by flashes of lightning. My curtains will be closed, with all the lights on in the room, and I will hide under my duvet until I can be sure the thunderstorm has stopped.

As a child, I too had an issue with the sound of planes. I am old enough to remember Concorde, which I especially hated the sound of. During my childhood, I was also terrified by the sound of military aircraft. There were family holidays in a location favoured by the RAF for training flights. Several times a day there would be the deafening sound of fighter jets.

If you're indoors and aware of any draughts, then maybe draught excluders will help to reduce the sound of the wind.

• I'm not keen on the sound of wind either, especially when it's rather blustery. There are several tall trees within close proximity of my home and when there are gale-force winds strong enough to cause structural damage, I often worry that those trees will come crashing down upon my house. The thing is, if it happens, it happens, so there's not much I can do about it.

The sound of thunder is something I have never liked, especially when it is dark outside and accompanied by flashes of lightning. My curtains will be closed, with all the lights on in the room, and I will hide under my duvet until I can be sure the thunderstorm has stopped.

As a child, I too had an issue with the sound of planes. I am old enough to remember Concorde, which I especially hated the sound of. During my childhood, I was also terrified by the sound of military aircraft. There were family holidays in a location favoured by the RAF for training flights. Several times a day there would be the deafening sound of fighter jets.

If you're indoors and aware of any draughts, then maybe draught excluders will help to reduce the sound of the wind.

Children
No Data