deleating old threads.

Just to be clear if I read the latest moderators note corectly they are saying all threads older than 3 years are going to be deleated. Not locked. Deleated.

I don't belive anyone asked for that inspite of what the note says about listening to feedback. I can only assume it has nothing to do with feedback and more to do with reducing load on the servers.

I think a lot of people probably missed this detail in the note so it was worth mentioning.

Parents
  • I assume this is going to be a one off exercise, to reduce the data that needs to be transferred to the new forum?

I certainly hope it is not the intention to automatically delete threads that reach three years old on an ongoing basis.

• I wondered this too. I also think the OP should have the option to be able to delete what they have started. I have some old threads which, although they have "documented" the transition between wondering, knowing and general wittering on, I would rather they didn't exist! Once you have a reply you cannot delete it.

• I wondered this too. I also think the OP should have the option to be able to delete what they have started. I have some old threads which, although they have "documented" the transition between wondering, knowing and general wittering on, I would rather they didn't exist! Once you have a reply you cannot delete it.

Children