What do a do getting real stressed out about thisnow.

I got not year or 2 ago now saying i don't have autism but the part one of the test they said i did then part 2 20 minute talk they said no. My mental health care team all staff there are apparently saying i have lot of autistic traits and seem like i am autistic and nto everyone gets diagnosed because of how difficiult it's to tell sometimes.  im mentally ill and haven't left the house in 10 years just not gettign better and im constantly overwhelmed by sensory issues. i don't think i could afford  private autism test apparently not easy to get second test so clueless on what to do.

Parents
  • Hi NAS76953,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to get a diagnosis. If you don't agree with the result of your assessment, and aren't in a position to pay for a private diagnosis, the guidance from our advice pages (which you can see here if you want to know more: https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/diagnosis/diagnostic-assessment/adults) is that you do have the right to go back to your GP and ask for a second opinion. It might be a good idea to ask the people from your mental health team to give you a written statement saying that they think you have traits of ASD as well and take that with you.

Best wishes,
    Ross - mod

• Hi NAS76953,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to get a diagnosis. If you don't agree with the result of your assessment, and aren't in a position to pay for a private diagnosis, the guidance from our advice pages (which you can see here if you want to know more: https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/diagnosis/diagnostic-assessment/adults) is that you do have the right to go back to your GP and ask for a second opinion. It might be a good idea to ask the people from your mental health team to give you a written statement saying that they think you have traits of ASD as well and take that with you.

Best wishes,
    Ross - mod

Children
No Data