Delay in diagnosis

My teenage granddaughter has been waiting for two years to see a clinician for a diagnosis. The NHS still can’t give us a date of when she’ll have an appointment. Meanwhile she struggling massively at school and at home. 
My daughter has heard from someone that her school and the NHS won’t accept a private diagnosis from a qualified clinician. Is this so in your experience too?

• its likely a money thing.

you see if the nhs refer you to a private place for diagnosis they will likely get some form of pay or kickback for that referal. they wont accept private unless they refered it and can profit off it lol

just like some housing estate agents will make you lose your housing bid unless you go through a mortgage broker they refer and can make a referal fee off.

• oh yes.... you know i was waiting 3 years then decided to ring them and then they said they hadnt sent it yet because they didnt know if i wanted to send it... then they sent it... now i have to wait another 4 years at least... so yeah i have like a 8 year wait on my end at least. 

• My daughter has heard from someone that her school and the NHS wont accept a private diagnosis from a qualified clinician.

The NHS use private providers to deal with the backlog so I can't see a reason why this would be so.