Diagnosed late in life

I am 57 female and have been diagnosed with autism level 1, my psychiatrist also practically told me I have adhd too but need to have a separate assessment to fully diagnose adhd. I have an awful lot of traits. This is all come as a shock because all my life I've been struggling to get by in general, and feeling different from everyone else. Has anyone else been diagnosed late in life too? 

Parents
  • Congratulations and welcome to the late diagnosis club! I was diagnosed autistic in the summer (age 62) I also got told I'm likely ADHD but need a separate assessment to confirm that. I'm considering getting that done but to be honest I'm confident as I can be that I'm ADHD and not convinced I will get an official diagnosis as I'm not sure how helpful that might be.

Inula

• Congratulations and welcome to the late diagnosis club! I was diagnosed autistic in the summer (age 62) I also got told I'm likely ADHD but need a separate assessment to confirm that. I'm considering getting that done but to be honest I'm confident as I can be that I'm ADHD and not convinced I will get an official diagnosis as I'm not sure how helpful that might be.

Inula

Children
No Data