Diagnosed late in life

I am 57 female and have been diagnosed with autism level 1, my psychiatrist also practically told me I have adhd too but need to have a separate assessment to fully diagnose adhd. I have an awful lot of traits. This is all come as a shock because all my life I've been struggling to get by in general, and feeling different from everyone else. Has anyone else been diagnosed late in life too? 

Parents
  • Diagnosed at 48 with Aspergers and on the waiting list for ADHD assessment.  I received my diagnosis one week before lockdown and it took a mental toll on me.  Not at first, but maybe three months in I got really low.  Getting Covid didn't help either.  It's now some years later and it's still as hard.  What can you do though? :)

• Diagnosed at 48 with Aspergers and on the waiting list for ADHD assessment.  I received my diagnosis one week before lockdown and it took a mental toll on me.  Not at first, but maybe three months in I got really low.  Getting Covid didn't help either.  It's now some years later and it's still as hard.  What can you do though? :)

Children