my autistic adult brother pees everywhere. help!!

sorry if im making this post wrong. i dont know how to navigate the site very well. im also sorry if any of this comes off as insensitive, please correct me if it is. i just don't know what to do.

my brother and i are twins, older than 20, our parents are nearing their 60s and i'm terrified that they'll slip in his pee and end up seriously hurt.

he's not interested in learning to communicate, to wear clothes on his own, etc. the only piece of sign language he's cared about is "more," which he only uses when asked if he's hungry.

he pees on the bathroom floor, on his bedroom floor, on his bed, on our parents bed, on their bedroom floor, in the hallway, in the kitchen floor, on piles of his clothes, towels, everyone's laundry. the only reason he doesnt pee in my room is because its locked all the time. there's no pattern except that he pees. everywhere. on our beautiful hardwood, on carpet, etc.

he knows to poo in the toilet, thank god, and does actually make an effort to pee there too when my parents take his devices away for peeing on the floor. but when he gets his things back he just goes and does it again. theyve given him buckets to pee in too and even that doesnt help. they remind him to go in the potty every 30 minutes.

(it may be important to add that when he pees, he doesnt know to just pee. he has to, uh, self pleasure before he can. i have to wonder if peeing everywhere has become pleasurable by way of association? like hes pavlovd himself into being that way?)

it doesnt matter what we tell him, it doesnt change. the floors are rotting out. the stress over it is rotting our relationships. i'm trying to convince my parents that he needs to go stay in some kind of residential facility or something, but i don't think they'll listen. what on earth could we possibly do to get him to stop?!?

Parents
  • Just a thought. Assuming you may have thought of this. But would he just rather be in nature and not domestic? While it's now cold outside, it might not the best time to start. 

When my ex was a small child, apparently his parents allowed him to toilet in the garden until he grew out of it. His father was a psychologist. 

What about leaving dog training mats around the house? Hopefully your parents have a plastic mattress protector by now and have pulled up all the carpet. 

• Just a thought. Assuming you may have thought of this. But would he just rather be in nature and not domestic? While it's now cold outside, it might not the best time to start. 

When my ex was a small child, apparently his parents allowed him to toilet in the garden until he grew out of it. His father was a psychologist. 

What about leaving dog training mats around the house? Hopefully your parents have a plastic mattress protector by now and have pulled up all the carpet. 

Children
No Data