Support for friends

Hi

I'm completely new to this and need some advice - basically people just don't get me. I am an adult and was diagnosed with autism and dyspraxia as an adult as I returned to university.

There is a lot of support out there it appears for families but my family has given up on me and the 'family' I have are my friends (well one sided friendship because I can't meet them at the same level). They get very frustrated with me and say they're trying to 'teach' me how to be in their world and respond the way they expect me to be. For example I was with a friend yesterday and she asked me if I am free on Wednesday and did I want to go to her house. I answered Yes I am free, yes I wanted to go to her house. What is wrong with my answer because she blew up and told me 'wrong answer' and get really angry. 

It is so frustrating and I don't know what to do. Or how to help them.

Any advice?

Parents
  • susie163 said:

This is asked of anil A - mod - Why do you say NT used to refer to people who are not on the spectrum? Has it been replaced with something else? I often refer to them as NUTs!

I think Anil probably meant that NT is used to refer to people not on the spectrum (and not having other neurological differences).

Alex R - mod

• susie163 said:

This is asked of anil A - mod - Why do you say NT used to refer to people who are not on the spectrum? Has it been replaced with something else? I often refer to them as NUTs!

I think Anil probably meant that NT is used to refer to people not on the spectrum (and not having other neurological differences).

Alex R - mod

Children
No Data