Newly (working) diagnosed with a Universal Credit question

Hello all I am new here.

I am 42yr woman and have been given a working diagnosis of Autism and ADHD along various other things back in June. I am now on the 2-3 years wait for the official diagnosis.

I have been on Universal Credit for 'Agoraphobia' as that is what I thought I had (and slowly ruined my life for the past near two decades). Now I have the real reason (I had to put my foot down with the Mental health nurse and declare 'I know there was something else going on',) I am wondering if it is worth asking for a re-assessment due to the major difference.

I have been unemployed for the last decade and housebound in my parents house for over a decade due to this and working is nearly impossible for me (in any usual sense of the word). I am only getting the lower band of UC and terrified they see my 'agoraphobia' as treatable and still expect me to work. Yet due to this I have been unable to gain enough money to actually start to move my life forward.

I was wondering if everyone else is on the lower band or if it was worth seeing if I am eligible for the higher band. 

I am looking to finally move out and live by myself (having been accepted to the social housing lists in my county) yet I am finding it hard going on the lower UC (even with the little help from lower mobility PIP).

Thanks.

Parents Reply Children
No Data