Autism & housing?

How does a AS diagnosis help regarding housing (if at all?) 

I have been in a rough living situation for about 8 months and before then i was served a non fault S21 which shattered my world after 7 years of being settled in a place. My 'nest' is my safe place and i cannot stand change or the risk of loosing it. It's the foundation of my life and extremely important to me its like an obsession.

Currently i am suffering mentally due to my living situation. So I'm curious now i have an AS diagnosis is it possible to get secure housing or something? What can i get help with or is there nothing?

Thank you

Parents
  • Have you applied to put your name on the social hiysing regster? If you have or once you have, i would ask your doctor to write a letter (may cost a few pound) to support your application. Ask him to explain your situation and hiw this is affecting you, including any diagnosis. Secure housing will give you that security that you need. What do you mean by rough living? Are you homeless? You may well be in priority need. Why not pop in to your local housing dept ans ask to speak to someone? X

• Have you applied to put your name on the social hiysing regster? If you have or once you have, i would ask your doctor to write a letter (may cost a few pound) to support your application. Ask him to explain your situation and hiw this is affecting you, including any diagnosis. Secure housing will give you that security that you need. What do you mean by rough living? Are you homeless? You may well be in priority need. Why not pop in to your local housing dept ans ask to speak to someone? X

Children
No Data