Autism & housing?

How does a AS diagnosis help regarding housing (if at all?) 

I have been in a rough living situation for about 8 months and before then i was served a non fault S21 which shattered my world after 7 years of being settled in a place. My 'nest' is my safe place and i cannot stand change or the risk of loosing it. It's the foundation of my life and extremely important to me its like an obsession.

Currently i am suffering mentally due to my living situation. So I'm curious now i have an AS diagnosis is it possible to get secure housing or something? What can i get help with or is there nothing?

Thank you

Parents
  • generally housing is measured in points, and im not sure if autism gets you any points or not, if they do its very little. and it wont make much a difference anyway as the housing list is so wacked that when you are the first applying for a house and are first in que later on in the day you get knocked down to 100th place.

living rough/homeless gives you huge amounts of points though if you mean your homeless by that rough living comment. as obviously homeless will be more prioritised.... also you get the most points if you ever was in the military and are a veteran, that gets you top points.

otherwise i cant think of anything, housing is a mess in this country.

• generally housing is measured in points, and im not sure if autism gets you any points or not, if they do its very little. and it wont make much a difference anyway as the housing list is so wacked that when you are the first applying for a house and are first in que later on in the day you get knocked down to 100th place.

living rough/homeless gives you huge amounts of points though if you mean your homeless by that rough living comment. as obviously homeless will be more prioritised.... also you get the most points if you ever was in the military and are a veteran, that gets you top points.

otherwise i cant think of anything, housing is a mess in this country.

Children
No Data