Newly diagnosed but so many questions and confusion

Hello all,

Newly diagnosed male here at the age of 37.

I've been reading https://tonyattwood.com.au/ website which was given to me by my psychiatrist.

I have so many questions because even though I can speak flat and monotone, I can also sound quite hyper but I was also diagnosed with ADHD too and I can see some other persons with autism do the same.

I've also wondered about groups. I can manage a group of 10 people or so as long as it's my special interest. Anything else and I can feel confused about when is it my turn or completely zone out, be uncomfortable, extremely anxious and so forth.

I also think from reading the materials provided to me that I may have pathological demand avoidance but I'm not sure how this would be diagnosed as an adult but I read and believe I have the same behaviours.

I'm here to kind of dispel the myths around autism. I also read from the King's College London that high IQ autistic adults learn social skills at a price, which I think might explain why I burnout so frequently.

Parents
  • Best resource I found: Podcast on YouTube…

orionKelly.com.au.   He is hilariously real! He shares research, info for men and info for women. This helped when I was trying to figure out what parts of me were autistic, different, etc!!!  

• Best resource I found: Podcast on YouTube…

orionKelly.com.au.   He is hilariously real! He shares research, info for men and info for women. This helped when I was trying to figure out what parts of me were autistic, different, etc!!!  

Children
No Data