Does anyone else mishear sounds or have issues identifying noises?

I spoke to my therapist about this the other day, I often hear things.... not voices but sounds and I have such a hard time identifying where the noise comes from or if I am imagining it. And it makes me so anxious, even panicky. I sometimes even do hear things, but like if someone's called my name but haven't, suppose that's mishearing.... I am trying to understand if this is somewhat common and based on my sound sensitivities. I get like this a lot when I am anxious or overwhelmed.... I am a late diagnoses so trying to get my head around what's common and what is not. Any similarities or advice welcome! I sick of worrying if I am going crazy and why sounds can make me so on edge. 

Parents
  • I struggle in busy environments, if I’m in the village pub it will start off okay, I can hear all the conversations going on and process all of them. All of a sudden I will hit a saturation point and the whole lot becomes a loud din. I know my brain is starting to fry, it’s time to get out of there.

I have tinnitus but can still hear things that most wouldn’t, I know if a car is approaching the village, the thing I struggle most with is my understanding of song lyrics, the actual lyrics are nothing like the words I thought they are.

• I struggle in busy environments, if I’m in the village pub it will start off okay, I can hear all the conversations going on and process all of them. All of a sudden I will hit a saturation point and the whole lot becomes a loud din. I know my brain is starting to fry, it’s time to get out of there.

I have tinnitus but can still hear things that most wouldn’t, I know if a car is approaching the village, the thing I struggle most with is my understanding of song lyrics, the actual lyrics are nothing like the words I thought they are.

Children
No Data