Dyscalculia and excuse

When I told some people that I have severe Dyscalculia and that I don't know how to do most basic math and that I don't know how to do Calculus even, some of them think that I am using that as an excuse for not being good at math. I had failed math most of my school years and it's not just me being only bad at math, and I still don't know how to do most basic math as a 22 year old and that is not normal. I tried explaining that to them, but they didn't listen.

Some people think that everyone can learn math, the question is if they understand that when you reach a limit before Dyscalculia manifests.

Parents
  • So much of this point blank refusal to understand autism issues that is still an issue today that comes from those in positions of power and Athority who abuse that same position of power who try to force us into situations that they know perfectly well that are inappropriate for us even with support “hand holding” (as they call it) and where they accuse us of “making excuses” when we can’t cope, further accusing us of having a problem with accepting Athority because of our perceived failure (in their infinite wisdom) to take responsibility and to be obedient to their Athority which they percieve as disobedience and our apparent refusal to respect their Athority demonstrated by our failure to be obedient without question, protest, objection nor comment, as if it was a case before a court - another example is in jobcentres where despite the reality of lack of appropriate support, people with autism are forced by the system into getting GP appointments, despite the many problems involved for further support and/or forced onto training courses and into jobs that are totally inappropriate and if we fail to do so, we are accused of all of the above and are sanctioned - it also comes from the misconception that the only way to manage autism is by means of ultra strict discipline and anything we say is dismissed as nonsense because that is just the autism talking, which is perceived as negative attitudes stemming from immaturity and refusal to grow up 

• So much of this point blank refusal to understand autism issues that is still an issue today that comes from those in positions of power and Athority who abuse that same position of power who try to force us into situations that they know perfectly well that are inappropriate for us even with support “hand holding” (as they call it) and where they accuse us of “making excuses” when we can’t cope, further accusing us of having a problem with accepting Athority because of our perceived failure (in their infinite wisdom) to take responsibility and to be obedient to their Athority which they percieve as disobedience and our apparent refusal to respect their Athority demonstrated by our failure to be obedient without question, protest, objection nor comment, as if it was a case before a court - another example is in jobcentres where despite the reality of lack of appropriate support, people with autism are forced by the system into getting GP appointments, despite the many problems involved for further support and/or forced onto training courses and into jobs that are totally inappropriate and if we fail to do so, we are accused of all of the above and are sanctioned - it also comes from the misconception that the only way to manage autism is by means of ultra strict discipline and anything we say is dismissed as nonsense because that is just the autism talking, which is perceived as negative attitudes stemming from immaturity and refusal to grow up 

Children