Dyscalculia and excuse

When I told some people that I have severe Dyscalculia and that I don't know how to do most basic math and that I don't know how to do Calculus even, some of them think that I am using that as an excuse for not being good at math. I had failed math most of my school years and it's not just me being only bad at math, and I still don't know how to do most basic math as a 22 year old and that is not normal. I tried explaining that to them, but they didn't listen.

Some people think that everyone can learn math, the question is if they understand that when you reach a limit before Dyscalculia manifests.

Parents
  • I believe you. If people don't believe you just like that then try to ignore them - they are not worth your time or energy.

It's hard having this, and being autistic but we all have different strengths. You may not excel in maths but you will in other things.

• I believe you. If people don't believe you just like that then try to ignore them - they are not worth your time or energy.

It's hard having this, and being autistic but we all have different strengths. You may not excel in maths but you will in other things.

Children