Sensory Overload

Hi guys, 

I’m just wondering if anyone has any advice on what to do when you realise you are in sensory overload (especially with friends or in public). Also, does anyone have any advice on how to prevent becoming sensorily overloaded or how to recognise the triggers? Thank you so much in advance.

Sincerely,

Someone who really struggles with sensory overload 

Parents
  • I always take my earphones and have my phone ready to play music so I can plug in and escape the noise. Going to the toilet is another good idea or pretending someone's called me and walk out of the shop for better signal. These are my go to plans if I start to get overwhelmed, which is frequently lolol.

I try to avoid places that trigger me like shops. If I decide I want to go shopping I choose smaller and quieter shops and if it's a big shop I look up on Google when it's quiet and that helps me. Morrisons here have an autism morning where they play no music and dim the shops lights...this is on Saturdays so I tend to go shopping with my mum on Saturday morning.

• I always take my earphones and have my phone ready to play music so I can plug in and escape the noise. Going to the toilet is another good idea or pretending someone's called me and walk out of the shop for better signal. These are my go to plans if I start to get overwhelmed, which is frequently lolol.

I try to avoid places that trigger me like shops. If I decide I want to go shopping I choose smaller and quieter shops and if it's a big shop I look up on Google when it's quiet and that helps me. Morrisons here have an autism morning where they play no music and dim the shops lights...this is on Saturdays so I tend to go shopping with my mum on Saturday morning.

Children
No Data