Flying for work, economy, premium economy and business class

For those that have to travel for work, post diagnosis, have you tried to get any adjustment to allow you to fly business class for reduced sensory overload?

Very aware of other techniques, headphones, eyes masks etc, but specifically wondering if anyone has successfully lobbied for and achieved a change in their allowance when flying to fly business class. 

Parents
  • I can’t help with the flying part, I’ve never turned left when entering the aircraft.

The airport side can be made a lot easier, I wear a small Autism badge, I normally travel with my wife, we get ushered through most of the check-in part. You just need to let the airline know beforehand.

We always use the private lounge, it’s quiet and has food that I can eat. Newspapers and only sky news with subtitles, no sound . They have their own toilets as well.

Some airports offer this free to autistic people, I find if I get onto the plane in a good frame of mind, then I’m okay.

I always take noise cancelling headphones and listen to music or watch a film. Sometimes I need a nudge to keep hydrated, that can affect me a lot. My wife will often pack a small picnic so it’s familiar food. I also look on the internet beforehand to see exactly where I’m going to be sitting.

• I can’t help with the flying part, I’ve never turned left when entering the aircraft.

The airport side can be made a lot easier, I wear a small Autism badge, I normally travel with my wife, we get ushered through most of the check-in part. You just need to let the airline know beforehand.

We always use the private lounge, it’s quiet and has food that I can eat. Newspapers and only sky news with subtitles, no sound . They have their own toilets as well.

Some airports offer this free to autistic people, I find if I get onto the plane in a good frame of mind, then I’m okay.

I always take noise cancelling headphones and listen to music or watch a film. Sometimes I need a nudge to keep hydrated, that can affect me a lot. My wife will often pack a small picnic so it’s familiar food. I also look on the internet beforehand to see exactly where I’m going to be sitting.

Children
No Data