I think I am superior to neurotypicals

I think the way I think is better than most people.

I disregard emotion because it's irrelevant. 

I pride myself on doing things other people find difficult. 

I think in black-and-white terms. 

I like to solve problems. 

I like to be direct and be spoken to directly. 

I dislike vagueness. 

I eat the same food every day because I know it's good for me. 

I'm physically active because I know it's good for me. 

I like routine because it's more efficient and streamlines my life. 

Does anyone else think that they are superior to neurotypical people and if so how so?

Parents
  • No, I don't think I'm superior to neurotypical people, just different.

There are specific things that I'm really good at compared to most people, and some of them are related to being autistic- I spot details and patterns that others don't, I have an unusually good memory, etc. But there are also things other people can do that I can't, like cooking and driving. Overall I think it probably balances out.

• THIS!

Yes, there are things that I am better at than NT's that I know, but there are things that I struggle with that would be a "walk in the park" for a NT.

What I do struggle with at times is when I (using my ND "gift") spot things, but the NT's dismiss it and believe that their version is correct. Now that I have shared my diagnosis with my work colleagues and given them some insight into my ND world, hopefully there will be better understanding....on both sides. 

• THIS!

Yes, there are things that I am better at than NT's that I know, but there are things that I struggle with that would be a "walk in the park" for a NT.

What I do struggle with at times is when I (using my ND "gift") spot things, but the NT's dismiss it and believe that their version is correct. Now that I have shared my diagnosis with my work colleagues and given them some insight into my ND world, hopefully there will be better understanding....on both sides. 

Children
No Data