No...we won't be doing reasonable adjustment

Following a third grievance for failure to provide a reasonable adjustment (necessary information given late, inaccurately, or not at all) my work have said they're just not going to bother anymore.

They've admitted their complete failure to provide a very basic adjustment, of zero cost, and basically said: "What are you going to do about it?"

It's not that they can't provide the reasonable adjustment, it's just not something they want to do. It would set a precedent of actually giving support.

That's alongside a couple of upheld grievances regarding management using discriminatory language about me, plus another upheld grievance for a different failure of reasonable adjustment.

Insulting settlement rejected. ACAS involved. Tribunal likely.

Parents
  • Employer rerferred me to a neurodivergent support service (£££) and management will be told that yes, I am capable of doing my job, buy THEY need to provide the agreed reasonable adjustments.

The assessor was not impressed by my employer not doing so, especially as they are minimal effort and zero cost. There will also be a recommendation for managers to be given disability awareness training.

I'd find it funny if it wasn't so tragic, and hadn't made me repeatedly unwell.

• Employer rerferred me to a neurodivergent support service (£££) and management will be told that yes, I am capable of doing my job, buy THEY need to provide the agreed reasonable adjustments.

The assessor was not impressed by my employer not doing so, especially as they are minimal effort and zero cost. There will also be a recommendation for managers to be given disability awareness training.

I'd find it funny if it wasn't so tragic, and hadn't made me repeatedly unwell.

Children