No...we won't be doing reasonable adjustment

Following a third grievance for failure to provide a reasonable adjustment (necessary information given late, inaccurately, or not at all) my work have said they're just not going to bother anymore.

They've admitted their complete failure to provide a very basic adjustment, of zero cost, and basically said: "What are you going to do about it?"

It's not that they can't provide the reasonable adjustment, it's just not something they want to do. It would set a precedent of actually giving support.

That's alongside a couple of upheld grievances regarding management using discriminatory language about me, plus another upheld grievance for a different failure of reasonable adjustment.

Insulting settlement rejected. ACAS involved. Tribunal likely.

Parents
  • yeah i have a similar situation.

i actually had a sick note for 4 weeks with stress and it said i can come back immediately if they provide reasonable adjustment of putting me on 7am shift... totally refused and out right told me they will never let me have that because they know i want it and they dont want to allow me things i want. but anyone else with sick note gets put on 7am. im treated differently, im refused reasonable adjustments. they simply hate me. and no theres nothing we can about this aside from just leave and then sue them for constructive dissmisal thats the only thing, it would count as constructive dismissal.

• yeah i have a similar situation.

i actually had a sick note for 4 weeks with stress and it said i can come back immediately if they provide reasonable adjustment of putting me on 7am shift... totally refused and out right told me they will never let me have that because they know i want it and they dont want to allow me things i want. but anyone else with sick note gets put on 7am. im treated differently, im refused reasonable adjustments. they simply hate me. and no theres nothing we can about this aside from just leave and then sue them for constructive dissmisal thats the only thing, it would count as constructive dismissal.

Children