Really struggling with emotions

I'm finding work really hard. I become so stressed with not knowing what each day is going to be like. I know roughly what Im going to be doing but things crop up and throw me off then I start panicking and I just want to run away. Then I'm worrying what it will be like the next time I go to work and and I'm just stressed and worrying all the time. I can't switch off from the worry.

I lke my routine and making my own decisions in my time. Even if I planned my day and it gets disrupted I go into a panic but when I'm home I can release my anxiety but when I'm at work I can't and then it becomes too much.

I'm not very good at explaining myself, sorry. I don't know how to control my anxiety and worries

Parents
  • Imho it is not anxiety that you are trying to control, what you are experiencing is executive dysfunction because of the changes to your planned day. You may also be experiencing sensory overwhelm. I spent all my working life telling doctors I was anxious about work it wasn't until I was diagnosed with ASD that I realized it was never anxiety. 

Stop and take a breath, make yourself a cup of tea and sit in your normal working space. Take a few breaths and pay attention to your body. Can you feel anything hurting is anything uncomfortable? 

Now consider the lights how bright are they are you screwing your eyes up because it's a bit too bright ? And what can you hear is it the entire world that is interfering with your ability to think? Go through all your senses the same way maybe not at the same time because that can be quite overwhelming.

It was only by doing things like this that I realized the problem was not anxiety or depression it was constant overwhelm impacting my executive functioning. When you get to the bottom of it and then you'll be able to work out what to do next. You can try things like noise cancelling headphones caps sunglasses adjusting your hours if possible so you get less distractions from others.

I'm not going to write anymore because I keep pressing the back button and in a minute I'm going to lose the lot. Good luck! 

• Imho it is not anxiety that you are trying to control, what you are experiencing is executive dysfunction because of the changes to your planned day. You may also be experiencing sensory overwhelm. I spent all my working life telling doctors I was anxious about work it wasn't until I was diagnosed with ASD that I realized it was never anxiety. 

Stop and take a breath, make yourself a cup of tea and sit in your normal working space. Take a few breaths and pay attention to your body. Can you feel anything hurting is anything uncomfortable? 

Now consider the lights how bright are they are you screwing your eyes up because it's a bit too bright ? And what can you hear is it the entire world that is interfering with your ability to think? Go through all your senses the same way maybe not at the same time because that can be quite overwhelming.

It was only by doing things like this that I realized the problem was not anxiety or depression it was constant overwhelm impacting my executive functioning. When you get to the bottom of it and then you'll be able to work out what to do next. You can try things like noise cancelling headphones caps sunglasses adjusting your hours if possible so you get less distractions from others.

I'm not going to write anymore because I keep pressing the back button and in a minute I'm going to lose the lot. Good luck! 

Children
No Data