Autism Friendly Cinema Screenings

Has anyone has any experience of the autism friendly screenings that cinemas provide?

I think that they have been doing this for some time, but it has only recently come to my attention.

On the surface it seems to be an excellent & inclusive idea where changes to the experience include

• No trailers / ads prior to the film
  • Customers are free to sit whether they want (you book a particular seat)
  • You can take your own food (avoid the cinema chain rip off prices)
  • Lights remain on (maybe dimmed a little)
  • Volume is turned down (I think that even NT's would say that regular cinema sound volume can be OTT)

The downside is that the choice of film and screening times can be extremely limiting.
Can't say that I'm a big fan of the Trolls movie franchise!
On the other hand, autism friendly Saw X or the like would be interesting.

Parents
  • my local cinema is shut down now.... but i considered it autism friendly because nobody went to it lol

literally, i went in any time any day, even the most popular screening.... pick a seat, go in... no one else there... no one at all just me having the cinema all to myself... i could sit anywhere despite my chosen seat because theres no one else in using any seats... but yeah i guess thats why it closed down in the end, couldnt make money as no one but me used it.

• Are you sure that it wasn't just your front room?

• might aswell be now as all new release films are sent direct to a streaming service now so you can get new cinema releases on your livingroom tv now

Reply Children
No Data