Potential job opportunity

I worked in the TV industry for a while a few years ago. I've not worked at all in two years, bar doing a little bit of paid writing work.

The TV industry appears to be on its knees. People who have 20 years experience are struggling to find work. I decided recently to look elsewhere. I've always had an interest in the arts/showbusiness and I wanted to explore that.

I had a brainwave one morning and fancied the idea of working in a theatre. I sent an email with my CV enquiring about some work experience/shadowing. They got back to me having looped in a few people who they feel could find some opportunities for me, but asked me to bear with them as they're in a busy period (understandably). 

The people included someone who works in talent development and an access coordinator. I felt this could lead to an actual opportunity and it was the first sign of one I've had in a long time. I did however find myself reading the email over and over again to make sure I was understanding it properly.

It's difficult being in limbo but I feel bad about contacting other companies. This company has showed an interest in me and I hate the idea of having to pick; yes, it's a nice problem to have (being wanted by more than one person) but I don't want to burn any potential bridges or hurt feelings, even though these are businesses not individuals.

I guess it's a mix of being a rather obvious people pleaser and not wanting to lose what could be a good opportunity, because I've messed up so much in my life already.

Parents Reply Children
No Data