Perimenopause and Autism

I am trying to connect with women over 45 years who have late diagnosis of Autism.

I have recently been through the NHS for HRT and noticed some improvements with my mood. I am now going through the adjustment of identify with late diagnosis of Autism.

Parents
  • I'm trying to understand my hormonal situation. 45, always had extremely heavy periods, they were always long but now they last 40+days with 10 days off in between. must be approaching peri by now but I've no idea how to tell. Doctor says they can't test for it. 

• That sounds awful for you. When I went through perimenopause, I kind of went the other way in that my periods became lighter and less frequent. However, we are all different. I remember that when one of my aunts went through it, she had issues with flooding. There was an occasion when she had to ask a work colleague to pop out and buy her a change of clothes.

• That sounds terrible, your poor aunt! My aunt's and mum had hysterectomies so I guess they missed this part! Mum was different to me anyway, I started at 10, she started at 17. She has trouble conceiving and rarely bleed. I regularly have to go find clean clothes cos it likes to surprise me, nothing for hours then a flood.

They've just put me on desogestrel on top of the arm implant and my mood has been so dysregulated I can't maintain reason for any length of time. 

• That sounds terrible, your poor aunt! My aunt's and mum had hysterectomies so I guess they missed this part! Mum was different to me anyway, I started at 10, she started at 17. She has trouble conceiving and rarely bleed. I regularly have to go find clean clothes cos it likes to surprise me, nothing for hours then a flood.

They've just put me on desogestrel on top of the arm implant and my mood has been so dysregulated I can't maintain reason for any length of time. 

Children