Perimenopause and Autism

I am trying to connect with women over 45 years who have late diagnosis of Autism.

I have recently been through the NHS for HRT and noticed some improvements with my mood. I am now going through the adjustment of identify with late diagnosis of Autism.

Parents
  • I'm trying to understand my hormonal situation. 45, always had extremely heavy periods, they were always long but now they last 40+days with 10 days off in between. must be approaching peri by now but I've no idea how to tell. Doctor says they can't test for it. 

• Hello max Wave 

I am 54, diagnosed asd/adhd both aged 49.

I am only just going into peri menopause, at present I'm still having what are normal to me periods, with the occasional one being a week or do late.I must be the most fertile nanny in the North West.

I have always suffered with heavy painful periods, so to does my daughter. 

These past 2 years I have sincerely struggled with rage, meltdowns and just about have been left feeling fed up of life at times. However I have to tell myself over and over again, left to my own devices I can cope with myself, it's everyone else, including family who just do not understand the day to day challenges we face, and just how exhausting it is. From constantly losing things, looking for things, making the same mistakes over and over again, forgetting everything within a millisecond, the list goes on. I looked into the effects of menopause, reading through its symptoms, I unfortunately can identify with lots of them throughout my life, not just peri pause. 

• Hello max Wave 

I am 54, diagnosed asd/adhd both aged 49.

I am only just going into peri menopause, at present I'm still having what are normal to me periods, with the occasional one being a week or do late.I must be the most fertile nanny in the North West.

I have always suffered with heavy painful periods, so to does my daughter. 

These past 2 years I have sincerely struggled with rage, meltdowns and just about have been left feeling fed up of life at times. However I have to tell myself over and over again, left to my own devices I can cope with myself, it's everyone else, including family who just do not understand the day to day challenges we face, and just how exhausting it is. From constantly losing things, looking for things, making the same mistakes over and over again, forgetting everything within a millisecond, the list goes on. I looked into the effects of menopause, reading through its symptoms, I unfortunately can identify with lots of them throughout my life, not just peri pause. 

Children