Perimenopause and Autism

I am trying to connect with women over 45 years who have late diagnosis of Autism.

I have recently been through the NHS for HRT and noticed some improvements with my mood. I am now going through the adjustment of identify with late diagnosis of Autism.

Parents
  • I'm in my late forties, post-menopausal, but was perimenopausal when I realised I was autistic in 2017. The death of my dad in 2019 seemed to be what triggered the transition from perimenopause to post-menopause.

For the past few years, I have been on the fence about going down the HRT route. Sometimes I think I definitely want to pursue it, but then I have a change of heart... usually when my symptoms seem less acute.

It's great that you have noticed an improvement in your mood with HRT. Most of the women I know who are on HRT have described it as a game-changer.

• I'm in my late forties, post-menopausal, but was perimenopausal when I realised I was autistic in 2017. The death of my dad in 2019 seemed to be what triggered the transition from perimenopause to post-menopause.

For the past few years, I have been on the fence about going down the HRT route. Sometimes I think I definitely want to pursue it, but then I have a change of heart... usually when my symptoms seem less acute.

It's great that you have noticed an improvement in your mood with HRT. Most of the women I know who are on HRT have described it as a game-changer.

Children