Psychiatry UK waiting times

Hi all, anybody else waiting for a NHS assment from Psychiatry UK? I sent in my forms in July, a little later than somebody else from this forum who got given an appointment date weeks ago. They just seem to have fallen off a cliff, no contact since 27th July. Anybody else got an appointment reciently? Am very stressed about this as have been waiting since jan 2020 and it took alot of effort to even get refered to Psychiatry UK.

thanks

Rob n waitiPsychiatry UKng si

nce July for anything from Psychiatry UKy UK

Parents
  • Hi Rob

I wouldn't be too worried. I was referred by my GP in mid May, had a first confirmation from PUK on June 21st, took until August to complete and return my self-assessment forms and then had a call from them on Sept 22nd to book my assessment on Oct 12th. So from referral to assessment was 5 months. 

They did also stop taking referrals for a while and although it says they try to respond to messages within five days it took two weeks last time I asked something and right now I'm waiting for them to even open my message sent a week ago! The psychiatrist also told me my report would take two weeks but so far it's been a month. I think they're just snowed under, like most other places.

There's no harm checking up though. Good luck. Once they got going I found they were on the ball, I just don't expect too much chat (or want it!) 

• Hi Rob

I wouldn't be too worried. I was referred by my GP in mid May, had a first confirmation from PUK on June 21st, took until August to complete and return my self-assessment forms and then had a call from them on Sept 22nd to book my assessment on Oct 12th. So from referral to assessment was 5 months. 

They did also stop taking referrals for a while and although it says they try to respond to messages within five days it took two weeks last time I asked something and right now I'm waiting for them to even open my message sent a week ago! The psychiatrist also told me my report would take two weeks but so far it's been a month. I think they're just snowed under, like most other places.

There's no harm checking up though. Good luck. Once they got going I found they were on the ball, I just don't expect too much chat (or want it!) 

Children
No Data