How do others access help and support

I am fairly recently diagnosed. I am finding it incredibly hard to get any sort of support, guidance, or counselling regarding my ASD. 

There are no local groups near me and the NHS waiting list for autism support is two years. 

Does anyone have any any advice?

Thanks. 

Parents
  • Hi all I am autistic with learning difficulties and mental health. Blush I have asked for help but the GP or mental health services have not been helpful. When I worked I had terrible melt downs...crying, outbursts of frustration that I could not control. I want to work but scared Scream that I will make a fool of myself. I am currently volunteering to get into employment but have low self esteem...I didn't have it easy growing up you where called lazy, stupid or weird. I want helNeutral facewith my autism but really don't know where to go. I am also stuck Neutral face.   

• Hi all I am autistic with learning difficulties and mental health. Blush I have asked for help but the GP or mental health services have not been helpful. When I worked I had terrible melt downs...crying, outbursts of frustration that I could not control. I want to work but scared Scream that I will make a fool of myself. I am currently volunteering to get into employment but have low self esteem...I didn't have it easy growing up you where called lazy, stupid or weird. I want helNeutral facewith my autism but really don't know where to go. I am also stuck Neutral face.   

Children
No Data