How do others access help and support

I am fairly recently diagnosed. I am finding it incredibly hard to get any sort of support, guidance, or counselling regarding my ASD. 

There are no local groups near me and the NHS waiting list for autism support is two years. 

Does anyone have any any advice?

Thanks. 

Parents
  • I’m afraid that my experience is pretty much in line with what others have said. Understanding and support is difficult to find, NHS waiting lists are very long and the quality of the service is very poor.

Mental Health services are far from idea. My interactions with them ( not only around my autism diagnosis) have been really bad. There appear to be no real answers other than medicating the hell out of you.

I am speaking as an older adult, recently diagnosed.

• I’m afraid that my experience is pretty much in line with what others have said. Understanding and support is difficult to find, NHS waiting lists are very long and the quality of the service is very poor.

Mental Health services are far from idea. My interactions with them ( not only around my autism diagnosis) have been really bad. There appear to be no real answers other than medicating the hell out of you.

I am speaking as an older adult, recently diagnosed.

Children
No Data